Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Im being told that it is the middle of summer and the height of "vacation season", (not to be confused with mating or hunting season, recreational sports typically found in the fall.) As a business owner I find that my Tuesday's are actually Saturday's which somehow turn into Wednesday's. You can see how the confusion, disorder and chaos starts, and how the art of multi-tasking becomes a blessing/benediction/disruption as we fade into fall. Isn't it January? Didn't we just celebrate the New Year? How the hell did it become July? This was the year I would get organized and FINALLY have my books in order for the tax season! And yet it is in fact the end of June, I am still not organized, no where near ready for tax season and did I mention, it's vacation season!

Unfortunately I will not be participating in the vacation activities, (a bit of a loner I am). Call me crazy but Im trying to keep my company a float amidst this economic calamity/delay/fiasco, (according to economists, a minor set-back until 2010) so vacationing is not on the calender for us this year! But this is not a disastrous prescription for self-destruction. This is a time to FINALLY get organized, prepare the books (cook the books, who the hell will notice!) and get my humble abode ready for hunting season, I mean fall.

Despite these blighted times through the eyes of those around us we still master it all with ease, grace, and poise, and even manage to give a little back to the community. Like celestial super humans we business owners are a dyeing breed heading to extinction surrounded by a corporate big box mythology. But not to worry. Kristen and I have a plan. A ginormous, colossal plan filled with VERY important ideas! As I have mentioned before we are still ironing out the details. But, we are here to help! We are conjuring up a significant brainchild in the form of a grand movement and reinstating the thrill and joy of being a business owner. The pride in ownership. Not to mention the satisfaction of a job well done! Stay tuned, tune in, pay attention and keep your ears to the ground as more information will be coming available. Make sure you leave us your thoughts, comments and anything in between. How can your business be helped in these times? What things are working, and what is no longer working? Give us your thoughts! We want to hear from you! And follow us to continue getting all the up to date information!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good!

    I know, I booked a vacay to Cali in July and now I'm debating whether or not to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a business owner but I do work for one. :) It sounds like you have a good thing going here, Barbies and all. Good luck. Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete