As church is to Sunday's 90% of the human race DEFAULTS to negativity when times go south. We as a society have come to EXPECT things to just come to us. And if they don't we are for lack of a better word, not as fortunate or lucky as "they are". So how do you protect yourself from the invasion of the devils workshop of negativity? How do WE become one of "they's"
I think Napoleon hill said it best:
" Nature has endowed us with absolute control over one thing, and that is thought"
In 1929 following the crash of Wall Street the people of america were consumed with lack, poverty, desperation, foreclosure, job loss......sound familiar?? Everyone was consumed with fear. And those that succeeded like Rockfeller, Kennedy, Carnegie, Stone, Vanderbilt, had one thing in common. They protected themselves against negative influences. They refused to succumb to the outside influences. They refused to accept the norm and follow the heard. They were leaders rather than followers. They rose above the evil supremacy of overwhelming negative pressures, and mastered happiness in all forms.
Our economy is in dire straights. We are feeling it, hearing it, seeing it, reading it, dreaming it! It effects each and everyone one of us in different ways. But remember that you have the power to step aside. Recognize that we are susceptible to SUGGESTION. Our greatest weakness as a race is to be overcome with fear and to except too often the word IMPOSSIBLE. The news, the magazines, the internet, your friends, family, co workers. The influences are everywhere. Unfortunately the heard, raptured and engulfed with fear, refuses to move or budge. Paralyzed with worry, panic, anxiety and apprehension we too get wrapped up in the tornado of terror. SO how do we avoid this constant invasion of self destruction?
1) Stop complaining. It is what it is. The old world IS GONE. We will not be where we were for many years. And that is ok. It forces us to be resourceful and creative, and open our minds to new challenges...like getting to know that neighbor that has lived next door to you for five years!
2) Stop finding fault with everything and everyone. It will get you no where. Look for the good, and find the glasses of lemonade with your new, fresh lemons.
3) Stop being hopeless. It will get better, especially if you change your outlook. Donate your time, give back, give to others. You will be AMAZED at how rewarding it is. Better than any pair of new shoes or golf clubs.
4) Stop worrying. It causes indigestion, headaches, and poor health. Really ask yourself: Where can I channel this unused energy into? Soup kitchen???Church? Neighbor?
5)Stop tolerating negative and discouraging influences in your life. It is extreme but I have completely stopped watching the news in all forms. I watch happy, stupid shows, meditate, clean, read, and read inspiring quotes.
6) Find someone or something that encourages you, inspires you and makes you feel GOOD!
If you follow these guidelines you will find yourself less agitated, worried, and strapped with fear. Help each other out. Many people feel that true success is a great career with lots of money. Americans define themselves through their careers, level of income, recognition, and status quo. But that is not TRUE success or happiness. True happiness is a happy home, great friendships, a supportive family, a career that you LOVE, and a little money to have great BBQ's with those cherished friends and family you love.